- RSS Channel Showcase 4077098
- RSS Channel Showcase 6957114
- RSS Channel Showcase 6320624
- RSS Channel Showcase 8850033
Articles on this Page
- 09/21/14--21:33: _31DC2014 Day 22: In...
- 09/22/14--21:34: _31DC2014 Day 23: A ...
- 09/23/14--21:35: _31DC2014 Day 24: A ...
- 09/24/14--19:37: _31DC2014 Day 25: Fa...
- 09/25/14--20:39: _31DC2014 Day 26: A ...
- 09/26/14--19:41: _31DC2014 Day 27: Ar...
- 09/27/14--18:42: _31DC2014 Day 28: A ...
- 09/28/14--21:43: _31DC2014 Day 29: Th...
- 09/29/14--18:44: _31DC2014 Day 30: A ...
- 10/01/14--01:44: _31DC2014 Day 31: Ho...
- 09/21/14--21:33: 31DC2014 Day 22: Inspired By A Song
- 09/22/14--21:34: 31DC2014 Day 23: A Movie… Flowers In The Attic
- 09/23/14--21:35: 31DC2014 Day 24: A Book – Ubik
- 09/24/14--19:37: 31DC2014 Day 25: Fashion – BR x Marimekko
- 09/25/14--20:39: 31DC2014 Day 26: A Pattern
- 09/26/14--19:41: 31DC2014 Day 27: Artwork – Kandinsky
- 09/27/14--18:42: 31DC2014 Day 28: A Flag – Arr Pirate!
- 09/28/14--21:43: 31DC2014 Day 29: The Supernatural
- 09/29/14--18:44: 31DC2014 Day 30: A Tutorial
- 10/01/14--01:44: 31DC2014 Day 31: Honor Nails You Love
Day 22 and we are powering through the challenge. But ugh! My poor cuticles are starting to feel the pain haha. Anyhoo the theme for today was Inspired by A Song. I did more like ‘inspired by an album’… I couldn’t decide what to do (too many choices) until I got Aphex Twin’s new album Syro and thought hell yeah! […]
Day 23’s theme was Inspired by A Movie. I even decided to colour it a little more like an older film – the kind that were shot in Technicolor. This kind of film print often had boosted saturation with red tonalities so I think I captured that. Even if the movie I chose was from a different era and of a different […]
Day 24 and we are almost at the end of this EPIC challenge for another year! Wow. Today’s theme is Inspired by A Book. I chose a sci-fi book by Philip K. Dick called Ubik. It is a classic of his that was written in 1969. The following is a summary of the book from Amazon: Glen Runciter runs a […]
Day 25 is ‘Inspired by Fashion’. Another one I find fun – I like these kinds of creative tasks. I decided to find inspiration from a print. A fun, organic print. To find my print I had a search and it wasn’t long til I had a few catch my eye. In the end I chose these Banana Republic x Marimekko […]
Moar Geometry, MOAR!! Theme for Day 26 is A Pattern. So voila, here it is: A pattern. Feel free to add me to your feed on BlogLovin‘ and connect / follow me here:
Being both an Art School / Design grad, I was quite looking forward to the theme of Day 27: Artwork. I pulled a few elements from my artwork of choice and translated them onto my nails. I have chosen to do Kandinsky. For those of you interested, here’s a brief art history lesson: Wassily Wassilyevich Kandinsky (16 December 1866 – 13 […]
Ahoy me Hearties! We are nearing the end of the 31 Day Challenge for 2014 with Day 28: Inspired by A Flag. I considered doing the Scottish flag initially but the referendum has passed and it’s not as interesting in terms of nail art as some of the other ideas I had. Soo… I did A PIRATE FLAG! I was […]
Day 29 and only two more to go! Wowee! Today is Inspired by the Supernatural. I could have done so many things, and went for a more alien subject – alien skin or an alien substance. I took the easy way out today. I did this mani not long ago and liked it, but I was feeling sore so this […]
Geometric Triangles is what I chose for the second last day’s theme: Inspired by a Tutorial. I wanted something simple and geometric, so i found a tutorial that matched my desired look. I wasn’t sure how close I should stick to the tutorial before it wasn’t really the tutorial, so I slightly changed tack and just did the same thing […]
Woohoo! I just passed a man wearing an A-board and shouting “The End is nigh! The End is nigh!” Wait, whaaat? He’s right, it is already here. In the form of this final challenge day installment for Day 31: Honor Nails You Love. I had a bunch of ideas, cos’ who can pick just one, right? So many talented artists out […]